Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 1 of the Singapore School Trip

The students arrived at the Singapore Changi Airport at about 12.45 pm. By the time they cleared the customs and got their luggage, it was close to 2 pm. The tour guides promptly got us onto the buses and off to our first destination, Ya Kun Kaya Toast outlet at China Square for tea. The students had an enjoyable time eating kaya toast with their drinks.



The pictures taken at Ya Kun Kaya Toast Outlet

After tea, we went to our next next destination, the Merlion Park at One Fullerton. It was a scenic walk by the Singapore River. We took lots of pictures with the Merlion. One group did a really good introduction of the history of Merlion. After the Merlion Park, we took a drive to Suntec City Mall. We drove past the mall to have a look at the Fortune Fountain. We didn't get off the coach to see the fountain as the fountain was not working at that time.
Picture taken at the Merlion Park

Picture taken at the hotel's lobby

From Suntec City, we went to the hotel to check in and also to have a quick change of clothes to get ready for dinner. From the hotel, it took about 30 minutes to get to my home for dinner. I must say that the students were very well behaved, even my mother commented on that and she was very impressed by their good behaviour and manners. Good job, kids!

The students had a good time having dinner and talking to their friends. They had a spread of Singapore's local food like, Hainanese Chicken Rice, Hokkien Mee, Carrot Cake, Char Kway Teow and lots of Satay. During dinner, they also took the opportunity to interview my mother, husband and me for their survey. We were impressed with their eagerness to speak in English. They also had fun playing with my niece. It was a wonderful day


Pictures taken at my home

2 comments:

  1. Dear all,

    I am extremely jealous of your happiness in Singapore. Did you reserve any food for me?

    Faith, what a big and deluxe house you have! I have an idea of my coming vacation now! Hahaha...

    To all Ma Wan kids, please enjoy the wonderful learning experience there and try your best to use English.

    Thanks for the caring and hard work of all teachers. Without you, the trip will never be succeed. Thanks for uploading the photos and setting up this blog, Faith. It is really meaningful! I will do everything to support all of you in Hong Kong. Enjoy!

    Eric Lee (Vice principal)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr Lee,

    The students miss you too! And I must tell you this, they are very well behaved children too! I'm sure that they wished that you could join them.

    Faith

    ReplyDelete